The pro-life movement is undergoing a resurgence across our nation. Grassroots activists, devoted prayer warriors and engaged citizens are influencing state legislators. The tide is turning in favor of pro-life policies! A recent NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist Poll stated that roughly 80% of Americans support restrictions on abortion. In other words, Life is winning in our nation!
Tragically, the NJ State Legislature is sitting on the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, #A3452/S2026. This compassionate bill would protect babies in the womb at twenty weeks. We must not allow the culture of death to suffocate this bill by encouraging inaction in Trenton. Therefore, to push this legislation forward, we are part of LifeNet’s 20/20 Project – a strong coalition of pro-life groups working to protect babies in the womb at 20 weeks and beyond by the year 2020. Over 97,000 postcards have been sent to NJ state legislators over the past year in support of this bill.
As you can imagine, the well-funded abortion machine and their highly-paid lobbyists are becoming more desperate in their attempt to hide the facts about late-term abortion.
- The risk to women suffering complications from abortions after 21 weeks rises to 76.6 percent !
- Pre-born babies are given anesthesia as early as 18 weeks by medical doctors, indicating they can feel pain between 4- and 5-months gestation .
- The United States is one of only seven nations, including China and North Korea, that allows elective abortions 20 weeks post-fertilization.
Would you join the 20/20 Project and churches across New Jersey in praying for this bill to move forward in the legislative process? The first Friday of each month is dedicated to prayer and fasting to save pre-born life in NJ. The immediate upcoming prayer dates are Friday, Aug 2 and Friday, Sept 6. Please let us know of your involvement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not have a dedicated prayer ministry, we invite you to start a monthly 20/20 Project prayer group in your local church to pray for:
- The Lord to move in the hearts and minds of NJ Assemblypersons and Senators to recognize the grave injustice of abortion.
- Pray specifically for Senate President Steve Sweeney, Speaker Craig Coughlin, Senator Joe Vitale, and Assemblyman Herb Conaway who have the power to move the Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act forward in the legislative process.
- Pray for Gov. Phil Murphy to recognize the injustice of abortion.
Thank you for boldly standing to protect the least among us in NJ.
Founder and President
New Jersey Family Policy Council
Director of Advocacy – New Jersey
Family Policy Alliance